Two of the most violent strikers in the welterweight department will clash at UFC 269 when Geoff Neal handles Santiago Ponzinibbio.
Neal (13 -4 MMA, 5-2 UFC) and Ponzinibbio (28 -4 MMA, 10 -3 UFC) have actually accepted satisfy at the Dec. 11 pay-per-view occasion, MMA Junkie validated with an individual near the scenario following a preliminary report from ESPN. The individual asked for privacy due to the fact that the promo hasn’t made a main statement.
UFC 269 does not have an authorities area or location, however is anticipated to happen at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
Neal, No. 14 in the current USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie welterweight rankings, will try to get his very first win in almost 2 years. After beginning his octagon period with a five-fight winning streak, Neal has actually gone through a myriad of health problems that have actually accompanied back-to-back losses versus Neil Magny and Stephen Thompson.
Santiago, a respectable reference in the most recent 170- pound rankings, intends to continue his momentum after handing Miguel Baeza his very first profession loss at UFC Fight Night 189 in June. The Argentinian is 8-1 in his previous 9 octagon looks, with the only acne being a knockout loss to Li Jingliang after he took an almost three-year layoff from competitors due to health concerns.
The newest UFC 269 lineup now consists of:
- Charles Oliveira vs. Dustin Poirier– for light-weight title
- Amanda Nunes vs. Julianna Pena– for females’s bantamweight title
- Leon Edwards vs. Jorge Masvidal
- Randy Costa vs. Tony Kelley
- Cody Garbrandt vs. Kai Kara-France
- Priscila Cachoeira vs. Gillian Robertson
- Maycee Barber vs. challenger TBA
- Dricus Du Plessis vs. Andre Muniz
- Alex Perez vs. Matt Schnell
- Ryan Hall vs. Darrick Minner
- Dominick Cruz vs. Pedro Munhoz
- Sean O’Malley vs. Raulian Paiva
- Geoff Neal vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio