Fans will not get to see the extremely expected bout in between Luke Rockhold and Sean Strickland as Rockhold has actually been required to withdraw from the bout due to injury.
Rockhold required to Instagram to share the news late Monday night.
” There’s no simple method to actually state it, however the battle is off in New York,” Rockhold stated while being in a sauna. “I wound up herniating a disc in my back. L4, L5. The docs state it’s absolutely nothing I can have fun with. I require to do some treatment and healing time. Some things simply aren’t suggested to be. New york city, motherf-cking New York. I’m sorry to the buddies and the peeps and everybody, however we’ll be back. Up until next time.”
Chuck Liddell launches declaration following arrest in Los Angeles
Rockhold was indicated to making his very first look in the Octagon given that his 2019 loss to Jan Blachowicz at UFC239 He remained in desperate requirement of a win having dropped 3 of his last 4.
Strickland is on a rise having actually won 5 in a row.
There has actually been no word about a replacement for Strickland.
As of press time, the present UFC 268 line-up is as follows.
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington– for welterweight title
- Rose Namajunas vs. Zhang Weili– for strawweight title
- Michael Chandler vs. Justin Gaethje
- Sean Strickland vs. challenger TBA
- Frankie Edgar vs. Marlon Vera
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPNews, ESPN , 8 p.m. ET)
- Bobby Green vs. Al Iaquinta
- Ian Garry vs. Jordan Williams
- Andreas Michailidis vs. Alex Pereira
- Nassourdine Imavov vs. Edmen Shahbazyan
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN , 6: 15 p.m. ET)
- John Allan vs. Aleksa Camur
- Melsik Baghdasaryan vs. TJ Laramie
- Shane Burgos vs. Billy Quarantillo
- Ode Osbourne vs. CJ Vergara
- Chris Barnett vs. Gian Villante